Find Your Own Way

I am on a journey.
Not a physical journey, even though my bones ache to see sights I have never seen before.
No. I am on a journey to find who I am.

Yeah. Okay. I know how cheesy that sounds. Just another millennial going through an early mid-life crisis. Another twenty something complaining about this, that, and the other.
I agree. It's exhausting.

Let me start this whole thing off by telling you a little bit about myself. I am highly sarcastic, a high key weirdo, and have no idea what I'm doing.
I have tried this whole blog thing a time or two before with varying degrees of success (and failure). I have always been a writer, however. I can remember being a child and scribbling down stories in the back bedroom of my grandparent's home. I carried a notebook with me everywhere just in case an idea struck me in the middle of the mundane. In my teenage years, when the internet became the hottest thing, blogging swept in. It is safe to say that teenagers should not have a blog.
Because of my love of writing, I have always been able to express myself best with a little ink and a piece of paper. Or, in this case, a keyboard and a good internet connection. I'm not one to really put myself out there. I come from a family of emotionally stunted human beings. We are all riddled with anxiety and undiagnosed depression. We bottle things up until one of us explodes. Things can get ugly. Eyes will be rolled and rude words shouted. But we are a close knit family. We always drift back to each other.
So this blog is my attempt to air myself out before those situations occur. Sometimes you need to talk about something with someone who doesn't have a biased opinion of you. Who better than the internet, the most judgemental place in the world? You'll get little snippets of my daily life, some poetry, maybe even a picture or two.
I can't promise that anything posted here will be worth while or even remotely entertaining. I probably won't even be that constant about it. But I can promise that everything I post will be one hundred percent me. No by products, no additives. Just pure, unadulterated Amber Lynn.
I hope you enjoy figuring out this whole life thing along with me.

Comments